By engaging SIM to take over support responsibilities on a multi-vendor network, carriers realize better efficiency and effectiveness in operations and maintenance than they would if they managed multiple support outsourcing and out-tasking contracts.
We consolidate the management of several maintenance contracts in one master service agreement and assume the responsibility of filling any gaps along the way, whether related to skill, capability, technology or location.
In doing so, SIM acts as a single point of contact supporting networks, relieving the carrier from all tiers of network support and from the complexity posed by managing multiple equipment OEMs and by poor integration of existing platforms.
We reduce costs of operation and maintenance while streamlining support services.
Our solution helps clients:
- Eliminate the complexity and risk associated with multi-vendor platforms and networks
- Improve quality of service (QoS)
- Focus management attention on core market differentiators
Learn more about this Solution
By deploying this managed service solution, SIM consolidates multiple vendor interfaces into one, to act as a single point of contact for all operations and maintenance services across the network or those part of the network that are included in SIM’s contract.
SIM adopts proven tools and methodologies to manage multiple vendor and service contracts, and perform all tiers of support, from remote surveillance, to network diagnostics and troubleshooting, to optimization and field maintenance. We deploy expert resources who are skilled in maintaining core equipment, Intelligent Network (IN) platforms, switching platforms, Value Added Service (VAS) systems, microwave and optical transmission, and radio or cabled access segments of our clients’ networks. SIM is capable of leveraging its relationships with equipment vendors and third party service providers to manage warranties and replacements.
The benefits of engaging SIM as an end-to-end multi-vendor support service provider are:
- Better management of multi-vendor SLAs across the network and unification of service levels
- Reduced annual costs of network operation and maintenance
- Improved quality of service (QoS)
- Reduction in complexity and in contract management effort
- Extending equipment swapping/replacement cycles thereby reducing capital expenditures
- End-to-end view of network performance in reports
- Freeing client’s resources from cost centers of the business to redeploy in revenue-generating activities
Our managed multi-vendor support solution offers all tiers of support services to our clients across contracted segments of the network. We consolidate the management of multiple vendor and supplier contracts to provide:
1. Network operation
SIM offers Tier-1 and Tier-2 support services across a multi-vendor network by operating fault management, network management, configuration management and inventory management systems in clients network operation centers (NOCs). Through remote surveillance and management of field operations, SIM gets full visibility to perform root-cause analyses of incidents and events, and troubleshoot them in a timely manner.
Specifically, we will:
- Resource network operation centers
- Maintain network data originating from NOC and field systems
- Back-up and restore system data
- Document and track network troubles
- Route, analyze, correlate, diagnose, and isolate network incident and events
- Troubleshoot network faults and resolve network incidents
- Manage workforce and dispatch field staff for optimization and repair
- Manage in integrated manner multi-vendor spare part inventories
- Standardize SLAs across multi-vendor platforms
- Report on performance against standardized metrics and targets
1. Field maintenance
Our field maintenance services span across multiple technologies and multi-vendor network platforms. We dispatch experienced field staff to perform corrective or preventive on-site maintenance of “active” elements of the entire network, or those parts of the network that are within the scope of our contract.
Specifically, we will:
- Optimize service on radio and transmission portions of the network
- Maintain and repair multi-vendor radio, switching, transmission, routing, IN, VAS, and core infrastructure
- Maintain and repair operations support systems
- Perform routine inspection of network equipment
- Consolidate field data
- Perform acceptance testing of replaced equipment
- Produce standard or customized reports